- 1 bunch of hakurei or purple-top turnips, cut in half (stems okay to leave on)
- Avocado or rice bran oil (or another oil with a high smoke point)
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds (optional)
Preheat the oven to 425F.
Toss the turnips with olive oil and salt in a bowl and transfer to a baking pan. Roast for about 15-20 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt together the butter/olive oil, miso and maple syrup over medium heat.
Coat the turnips with the miso mixture and broil until beginning to brown, 3-5 minutes.
Garnish with toasted sesame seeds (optional)
Serve as a side dish or on top of a rice and veggie bowl!